Friday, September 4, 2009

Scared to death

Ok, so my handsome grandson was born September 1st. He already has me wrapped around his little finger. Friday morning he gave me the scare of my life. I got up around 6:15 and he was in his bed just kind of whimpering and moving around. He started acting like he was choking so I picked him up. I woke up his Mommy and told her to get ready to feed him and change his diaper. He wouldn't respond. He was breathing, he just wasn't responding to us trying to wake him up. He was very lathargic and non-responsive. He had slept all night and didn't wake up to get a feeding during the night. His Doctor told us to take him to the hospital. They ran all kinds of blood tests and finally determined that because we didn't wake him up in the middle of the night to feed him, his blood sugar dropped causing him to sleep even deeper. So now we know, make him wake up to eat every 2 hours. I have never been so scared in all of my life. I am so thankful that he is ok. God is so good. We had people praying from all over for that little guy.

Everyone have a great Labor day weekend!!

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment